Translate

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4 new cards to share







I thought you might enjoy these cards I have been working on. The first two are done in some beautiful flocked paper a friend gave me as a gift. It is from K&Company-BW Mira Specialty Paper Pad. I did not have to stamp either of them, except the butterfly embellishment that I stamped and added. I made the butterfly out of the drafting vellum and I used one of the darker Pearl-Ex mica powders, it's sort of a burnt red color, it matches the colors in the flocked paper. I also used some black to accent this butterfly, I think it looks better with black because it's not as pastel as my other butterfly's. I used Sage Shadow, and Bravo Burgundy card stock from Stampin Up. The second card was made with the top half of the same 12 x 12 sheet, I only caught the top of one of the flowers and also a butterfly on the lower left. I used my new Cuttlebug folder on only the left half of the card image. I really like how it came out. I added a little of the reddish Pearl-Ex to the bird and some yellow to the marsh grasses to make them pop a little. I think the little butterfly looks cute in the grasses too. I am surprised that I was able to do a 1/2 of the card with the Cuttlebug folder. I was afraid there would be a dramatic line at the edge of the folder, but there really isn't. This looked perfect with Apricot Appeal cardstock from StampinUp.
The next card I made with a teenager in mind. I found the huge embellishment at JoAnns on clearance and I plopped it on the bright pink pomegranate cardstock from JoAnns. I embossed the pink with a Sizzix plate in my Spellbinder Wizard, added some lace and Voila! I printed the Happy Birthday on my computer onto the drafting vellum also. I mounted this onto Pacific Point, a rich beautiful blue from StampinUp.
This last card is made from some beautiful fabric my friend gave me also. I don't know if you can see it that well in the pictures. It is a black mesh fabric with small stripes of raised patterned blue, tan and yellow fabric. The center square has almost a quilted look to it, and the center of the square is black mesh (under the embellishment). I had a tough time designing this card, I love the fabric so much, I wanted to make something that would bring out the beauty of the fabric. I mounted the fabric to a sheet of black cardstock, taped that to a sheet of So Saffron and then the card is Brocade Blue. I hope you enjoyed the selection~Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment