Translate

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Gecko Galz Easter Challenge

Hi All,  For this months Gecko Galz customer contest we are asking you to create an Easter inspired paper crafted project. Show us your Easter designs. The only rule is you must include one product from Gecko Galz, can be one of the free products, stamps, collage image paper the limits are endless to your imagination.  And what will the winner get?  A Jodi Lee gift pack plus a $25 shopping Spree
from Gecko Galz.  Just email a picture of your project by March 31st to
geckogalz2014@gmail.comor go to our blog site and enter your link!  And On April 1st we will announce our winner 
For this 5 x 7 card I chose Gecko Galz Its not Easy Being Green paper pack filled with lush green 
colored papers (this one is one of my favorites), along with the image from My Little Chickadee.  I printed the image twice on matte photo paper, fussy cut the ribbons and flowers, added a little foam 
 underneath to give it a decoupaged look, then  I added yellow flock to the chicks.  I mounted that on 
to a piece of bright yellow card stock, used my Perfect Layers Rulers to cut a 1/16 frame around it.  I printed the Its not easy being Green in 5 x7 for the card front on matte photo paper and mounted the image to it.  I then trimmed around the yellow border with some Yellow Stickles.  I printed the matching envelope liner in a 4 x 6 size on regular copy paper and trimmed it with pretty scissors and glued the top to an envelope.
 That's it for today, thanks for stopping by.  ~Diane
Please join me by Banning Word Verification from your blogs, please be kind and choose comment moderation instead.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card, great colours, and the envie liner makes it very special again! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the pink/green contrast. I bet the flocking is pretty. I'm interested in how or maybe why the double printing? Did you reprint over the same image? enJOYed

    ReplyDelete
  3. The double printing refers to the 1st print being the whole image you see, the second print is cut up in pieces, like a 1 layer decoupage and layered over the original image to give it more depth. I use a little foam to add a little more effect. Real decoupage uses many, many layers, I cheat and only use 1. And I should add, I don't cut it all, for this card I cut the flowers, leaves and ribbon only to layer up. Glad you asked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane this card is gorgeous. I love the colors and the Easter image is adorable. I can imagine in person how beautiful when you can see the layering effect and the flocking on the chicks. Just gorgeous!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this one Diane! That little hatched chick is adorable! Love the vintage feel! Hope you aren't getting hit with that terrible storm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane, it's so SWEET and beautiful card! I love the image that you used, looks so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so special for Easter and the stunning design paper really makes the image pop.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete