Translate

Friday, January 17, 2014

Chubby Little Winter Birds

Hi All, here's another card I made for the Gecko Galz DT using the Winters Garden set for both the image and paper.  I love it when we get a paper image included in the collage sheet set!
Here are the products I used.   Gecko Galz Winters Garden collage set, Starburst jewels from
Pizzazz Aplenty and dimensional foam.
Directions: I printed the blue leaf background on matte matte photo paper and glued it to my 5 x 7 card base.  Then I printed the bird image twice, fussy cut just the birds from 1 image and used the dimensional foam to pop them up, I also glued the birds down on the left side only.  I mounted the bird image to a piece of black card stock, I used my
Perfect Layers Rulers to trim a 3/16th border, then mounted that to the leaf paper.  I glued the 3 acrylic sunburst gems on to the side.  For the envelope liner, I printed the image on regular copy paper 4x6, cut the outside edge with fancy scissors and glued the top into the inside of the envelope.

And don't forget this month at Gecko Galz we are having our bi-Annual buy one get one sale.  Buy any product and get a second of equal or lesser value FREE! Just place your order as usual then send an email to us at geckogalz@yahoo.com with a list of your free products. Now is the perfect time to stock up!
Well, that's it for today, thanks for looking.  ~Diane
Please join me by Banning Word Verification from your blogs, please be kind and choose comment moderation instead.

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Diane. I love anything from nature and you have popped those weaver birds beautifully with the foam tape. The blue is a wonderful backdrop and makes the image stand out beautifully. And as always the matching envelope is the cherry on the top.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet idea to decoupage those chubby birds.

    This card would be ideal for a man or woman.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, nice to see you posting again! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the paper paring---and , of course, the envelope

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the images and the fabulous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite collage sheets. I agree with you on the bonus of the designer background paper. Your set is just so refreshing. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Love fat little birds. Beautiful card, Diane! hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh hun those birds are simply stunning they are just gorgeous hun hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm loving the birds on this one, diane! happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Diane, This is stunning. I love the dimensional look and the bling is perfect. The color is gorgeous and those chubby little birds are so sweet. You do such beautiful work my friend.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Diane! Love the shimmery bling!

    ReplyDelete