Translate

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Birthday card

 Enabler alert!  Stop by MyGraphico and grab all those goodies you have had your eyes on at a 40% savings!  Lindsay has a new set, these fabulous Mod Summer Papers!  I made this card for a friend's Birthday using the new Mod Paper set and a free eye chart image from Lindsay.  I found a new way to attach the brads, I clipped the legs off and attached them with a foam dimensional, so much easier!  I love how easy it was to put these papers together too.  Be sure to stop by and see Lindsay's blog and the rest of the design team too, they always have so much inspiration. 
The remodel is moving along but we still have not found our way to the floors, the main reason for the remodel  lol.  The glass tiles for the back splash arrived last night, I am so excited!  I found some awesome wall plates that are made of clear beveled glass, so I can paint them to match the tiles.  Thank goodness for the www, I have not liked any of the options I've seen in stores for the wall switches, they all seem to stick out like a sore thumb.  Anyone doing a back splash should check this online store out Arnev Products Inc.  I must say I never would have thought this back splash would  be such a difficult thing to design.  Now my dear, dear husband gets to do all the hard work installing it, this should be fun, he is a perfectionist.  I've shared with my friends his obsession with doing it right.  He was using a 48" double fluorescent bulb shop light, (the kind you hang over a work bench) shining it at every angle he could to find imperfections in the walls and ceilings.  He found 47 nail pops/imperfections in the great room ceiling alone.  We had to mark them with tape so he could go back with a magnet and find them again to fix them.  Yea, the tape was needed because if the light was not shining from the exact same angle they disappeared and you could not see them, lol.  That is how he painted the whole house! 
All the walls are patched and painted, thank goodness and I must say, my ceiling's and walls look as smooth as a baby's bottom now .  Thanks for looking.  ~Diane
I am entering these challenges.
Craft Us Crazy - Anything Goes
Try It On Tuesday - Anything Goes
Stamp Something - Anything Goes with a Digi
Paper Playtime - Anything Goes 

31 comments:

  1. wow such a fabulous and bright card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Glad your refurbishing is gradually making headway, I am sure you will be happy when it's finished! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card, love all the paper combinations. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super, a real bright cheerful card. Thankyou for joining us at TioT's this week. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic creation. Thank you for joining us for the challenge this week at TioT.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought id say hello and greetings from Lebanon,Pa Amish community. Richard from Amish Stories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun, bright card! I love the eye chart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very neat card!!
    Such a great story about the hubbie oh I some stories too. Have a great day. Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for your kind comment on my guest post over at The Answer is Chocolate. Love the card. I'm announcing a digital scrapbooking giveaway later in the week so you might want to stop by!

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the eye chart you added to the vibrant and fun colors! Great birthday card! Oh house redo is so fun! I keep telling myself the breath and it will all happen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh girl, love how you used those papers. I'm a little intimidated by them, lol. but then I'm intimidated by papers in general (don't have a natural 'knack').

    Love that card, it's so upbeat and funky. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love you great card, diane! we just got our backsplash--and i never thought about the switches,so thanks for the site--i'll checke it out!

    your husbands a keeper--its all hard work!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the papers and the little eye exam sheet is perfect for kiddo's getting back to school. or, for me who doesn't have the keen eye I use to have :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, first thing I thought of too :) After all the school physicals lately this one makes me smile! GREAT card and love the look of your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun card Diane! Thanks for the reminder to go get my eyes examined :) I'm way over due!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just love this card and your tip on the brags..Now I will definitely use the 1.5 million that I own. LOL. so happy the remoldel is progressing. Cant wait to see your final project! Just back from our long vacation in a cottage in South Carolina. Lots of swimming, BBQ, reading and relaxing. Thanks for stopping by during my vacation. I do appreciate it so much. artfully yours, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  17. Diane, this card is zany in all the fun ways with those fabulous lines and colors! Love the eye chart - it works perfectly. I had to laugh about the renovation and your husband with those nails...LOL! King Mufasa would never have gone through the trouble to mark and refix any imperfections so you can imagine what our renov would look like. Glad you're able to still have fun through it all. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. adorable, fun and cherry card! TFS and playing along with us over at Paper Playtime :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow, what a fabulous card!! And the sale sounds terrific too!

    I hope you are having a wonderful weekend~
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the eye chart on this card, so cool! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have issues with the outlets too. Love that stamp with that patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the bright papers! Hang in there with the remodel, and remember it will be worth it in ther end :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab and fun card. love the papers they are really bright and fun
    hugs June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is nice! cute image and d/p. TFS with us at Paper Playtime.
    Zulma DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wowzer...you know how I love bright bright cards and this one is a prize winner. I love it a lot....
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  27. This card is AMAZING Diane!! I just wanted to let you know that I have something for you on my blog.

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are so sweet to leave me so many nice comments! Hope you are doing well and school is back in the swing of things. Do take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete