Translate

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Words of Wisdom

The challenge this week at Kahwinkedink is Kids cards in Primary Colors.  I used this sweet Paint Set  to make the embellishment for this card.  My kids are grown up so I have a message for the older kids here.  Stop by Kahwinkedink today to get your free image and join in the challenge fun.  The winner gets to choose 3 images from the Kahwinkedink store!    I made this card using Kahwinkedink  Paint Set , Stampin Up Night of Navy cs and Texture Plates Kit 4 Squares,  Spellbinders Labels 8 and Classic Circles Nestabilities, along with Generations dp and Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen.   The ribbon from JoAnns had 2 lines of wire running through it, which I removed.  Practical Scrappers is celebrating their anniversary this week with a different challenge for each day.  Use your favorite product was the Monday challenge.  My Spellbinder Wizard is my favorite product because I can use it to do so many things.    Thanks for looking.  ~Diane
I am submitting this card to the following challenges: 
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Awesome sketch
Order of Opus Gluei - Shirt off your back inspiration
Practical Scrappers - Use your favorite product - my Wizard
Bee Crafty - It's all about the image
Die Cut Dreams -Use some Gingham

25 comments:

  1. Fantastic quote and so perfect paired with the painting image! Great job on the layout as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie! This is just fabulous, Diane! I love the gingham paper and what a great sentiment. You did awesome with this! Thanks for playing along with us at SSW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect sentiment and show-cased so well. Love your colors..I love red and black together. Nice to have you join us this week!
    Nancy SSW

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea to use a sentiment! Love it! I love your embellishment too! Thanks for joining us this week!
    Erika - SSW

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great sentiment, mounted on a really neat platform. Love the design.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen to that! Great job!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week Diane at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great quote & awesome card, Diane!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever using the sentiment has the focal point on your card. Red & black are fab together, great job! Thanks for joining us @ SSW :)

    Genevieve.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card, love the bright Primary Colours and the Gingham, I love using it on cards, great quote on your card and really good idea to use it.
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at SSW and I hope to see you next week.
    Kathie SSW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! The design is perfect for this cute little card and I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple and beautiful! Love the main image as a sentiment - it works perfectly! Thanks so much for playing at SSW.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors and that sentiment. Very cool to have such colorful memories of your childhood bathing suit. Thanks so much for playing with us at OPUS GLUEI.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect quote for us crafter! I love your card, your paint pallet, gingham paper and trim! Thanks for joining us at SSW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic quote! Will be using that as my motto for life! Thanks for playing at SSW!

    Jenny T.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card and creative way to use your favorite product! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this quote! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. lLve the easel, it goes perfectly with the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for joining us this week at DCD with this lovely card, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun card Diane! Love all the red gingham :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful card, I love the sentiment and the shaped Gingham. Thanks for joining us at DCD this week, hope to see you again
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, I'll date myself as well, I remember sunsuits and they were wonderful to have - very comfy and easy to play in! In fact, I remember an aqua one with little beach motifs on it! That's a nice memory.

    This is lovely, I love the gingham and the quote you used! This makes me think of the vibrant colors and fun feel of summer!

    Thank you for participating with us at Opus Gluei!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card Diane....love this sentiment and the gingham really frames it nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. fab and bright fun card

    Thanks so much for joining in with our gingham challenge at Die Cut Dreams
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh this is a lovely project, great colours and I love the way you used the sentiment as the main focus of your card. thanks for joining us at DCD this week.
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete