Translate

Monday, March 30, 2009

Basket weave tie dye, candelabra and Birthday card




Sorry no posts, I had the flu। I wanted to update you with a few more cards I finally finished. The 1st card I made with some of the tie dye paper I made. I cut it into strips and did a basket weave. I used the Cricut to cut the scalloped border. I added one of my StampinUp Wonderful Wings butterflies that I stamped with white ink on vellum, then chalked. I had a white flower
that I chalked to match, added a little glue and glitter to finish it off. Candelabra was stamped with the gold acrylic paint that is pretty liquid and then I used black opaque embossing powder. I like working with the thicker paint it gives it a different effect. I had some teardrop shaped rhinestones that I added for a splash of color. The Birthday card was for my daughter, I used
the Melissa Frances paper, ribbon and embellishments that I won from Paper Craft magazine. I really liked working with the set, that was a first for me. I liked that everything was in the same color family and I could mix the papers and not worry if it would look good. I used the vellum stickers from K&Company for the sentiment, I stuck it to a piece of blue card stock and then I dipped the edges in black ink. My daughter said she really liked the way it looked so professional. Have fun stamping this week, it's snowing here in Michigan! I can't wait for the warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment