Translate

Saturday, January 12, 2013

THE CATS MEOW CHALLENGE


 I made this card using one of the free images from LeeAnne at Fripperies and Butterflies, for her Cats Meow Birthday Challenge.  She will have voting on the entries next Saturday, her Birthday.  I will also enter it in the January color challenge (blue and purple) at the Gecko Galz Yahoo Group.  I would love to see some of you there, LeeAnne has so many fun challenges to take part in.   
So I fussed a lot to make this card, I used a new punch I received from my daughters beau for Christmas along with some lace I cut out and Stickled the outline on, (it looks really beautiful IRL).  I punched some vellum for the sentiment and added a rhinestone embellishment I found on clearance last year.  The trim around the image is from a head band I bought at Dollar Tree, it was 9 rows wide and around 10 inches long with some elastic attached.  I cut it into 9 long strands to embellish my cards with.  I had a hard time getting this to pick up in the photos.
Sorry I have been away from visiting this week, I hope to get caught up today.
Well that's it for today, thanks for looking.  ~Diane

Please join me by Banning Word Verification from your blogs, please be kind and choose comment moderation instead.
 Follow Me on Pinterest

15 comments:

  1. This is the cat's whiskers as well as the cat's meow! And the cream on the birthday cake, too. Love what you have made, it was worth all the hard work! Love the matching inset in the envelope, too! Good luck with the challenges! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh la la!!!!
    What a stunning card.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a beautiful delicate card, Diane. I love the pop of colors and that wonderful lacing effect.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all of the pretty details on this one, diane:) just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diane, This card is just beautiful. I love the colors and all the details. All your hard work really made for a stunning card. How fun that you used a headband from the Dollar Store. They sure have some great items to use for creating. Love the lace too.

    Just love the coordinating envelope too. Good Luck on the challenges. I know you will do really well.

    Have a great rest of the weekend.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh La La is the first thing that came to mind! Diane, this is a real stunner and again so well designed! Hope you have a great weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is exquisite, it's so pretty and love the gorgeous colors you used and the embellishments. Wish I was so talented. Good luck on your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card-love everything about it.

    Best wishes Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So graceful and sophisticated. Love the lace flowers. And what a swell envelope - the icing on the cake. Thanks for visiting. Hope you are doing well.
    Love,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always it is stunning Diane! I hope the new year is treating you well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love it, the colors are amazing and that image is beautiful! Happy New Year.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't worry about being late for my birthday post, I'm late getting back to you too! Thank you for your lovely comment. You are awesome!!!

    As for that card, I think it is amazing!! And what an inspiring thought, to go to the dollar store, look in the hair stuff aisle, and you can get 9 rows of rhinestones? Genius!!! I will be going for sure!!
    xxD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Diane,

    Amazing card,the colors perfect for this month. Very pretty the blu lace too.
    wishing you a nice weekend
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Diane!! I just love these two colors together!! What a great entry for the challege!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete