Translate

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Paper and More Vellum

I am proud to say this card was out for Publication in Scrapbook News and Review.



These are the 3 finished cards

Punch vellum and glue together, add glue to top of the vellum flower,
then press the glue into the beads, it will pick them up for you.

Cut tracing paper to size, attach to card with glue dots.

Print sentiment on computer, cut into a strip and add behind tracing paper,
use glue dots here also.

Use glue dots to attach the ribbon to the tracing paper.

I really like the look of vellum, and I love to work with it. It gives you so many more creative opportunities. I found a fabulous source for vellum also, Paper And More has a beautiful selection of vellum and other card stock quite reasonably priced. I ordered the sample packs in both the light and dark colors, and I had a terrible time deciding which ones I wanted to buy! I used my birthday money to buy 2 - 100 sheet packages. I was able to split my 100 sheets into 4 colors for a few extra dollars, so I have 200 sheets, in 8 beautiful colors that I will be showing you from time to time. The flowers on the cards I am showing here were made with the Blush Pink Vellum. I used the StampinUp punch to punch out the delicate flowers, I then glued them together with Scotch quick dry adhesive. I used tracing paper on top of the card stock and it gave it a very delicate look. I cut the leaves with my Cricut expression. I posted pictures of the process with notes above. I hope you like these, I am pleased with how they turned out.~Diane

1 comment: