Translate

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mistakes can be inspiring.



I found an orange Christmas ornament (yes I said orange and Christmas in the same sentence) on clearance at JoAnns. Any one wonder why the were on clearance? But I thought it would make a lovely stamp. The ornament was made of some type of hard felt, but I decided I could glue it to an acrylic block. I guess there is a reason I have never seen a stamp made of hard felt. It would not pick up the ink, or at least it didn't look like it did . I thought well maybe my gold pad isn't juicy enough, so then I tried my silver pad. When I stamped the image I came up with this worn antique effect. I think it looks pretty cool. Ash filigree paper from around the block, black cardstock from Stampin Up, textured silver cardstock from DCWV . After I made a few cards like this I decided to try heat embossing the same image. So I used some acrylic ink out of the bottle, and sponged it on to my ornament stamp, then I used a pewter embossing powder from stamp n stuff and voila, I have this really cool bubbly raised surface. I think they both look pretty rustic. I used Stampin Up black cardstock, and the Stampin Up old olive cardstock really brought it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a sweet comment, they really make my day!