Translate

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hearts, lace, roses and the key to my heart

Hi All, I have another card to share.  This month Gecko Galz is teaming up with Basic Grey to show how well the products work together.  Pop over to Gecko Galz and get the details, I would love to see one of you win, there is a fabulous prize too, a $25 shopping spree at Gecko Galz and the Basic Grey digital paper pack True Love. This is not my DT piece, but it was so much fun working with both products I just did this one for fun, lol.
I used Gecko Galz Valentine Wishes for the image and 2 of the papers from True Love paper set.  Also used Gold Stickles, Baby Blue liquid pearls, leaf punch from Stampin Up, paper flower and scrap lace I cut the flower design out of and a gold Stickled key from my stash.
This was fun to make, you can do it too as long as you have a Word program, its really easy.  I printed the Basic Grey blue once and the lacy square piece twice on to matte matte photo paper.  I cut one of the lacy squares in half and glued it top and bottom behind the the other square, then I fussy cut the edges on the whole lacy piece.  I mounted that on to the 5 x 7 blue, added the baby blue Stickles to the centers of the roses.  I printed and fussy cut the image from Valentine Wishes, trimmed the heart and scrolls in Stickles Gold, put some dimensional foam underneath and mounted it on to the card.  I then added the trimmed piece of blue lace, the flower and the key.  Then I just glued that on to a folded white card base.
Here is the fun part, for the envelope liner I went into Word, chose insert picture and added the blue paper, right clicked to size it to a 6 x 6, then left clicked on to the white blank part of the page (this is important).  Then I  went back to insert, picture, chose the lacy piece and added it to the (now second page), right clicked to size and made it 4.95 x 4.95.   Then at the top of the page where it says Wrap text, I clicked and chose in front of text, that brought the lace piece on top of the blue piece for me, I clicked on the lace piece and dragged it to the centered position I wanted and then I printed it on plain white copy paper, trimmed it with some fancy scissors, folded it in place in the envelope and glued it.  I don't know how to use the fancy programs but I can do most of what I want to do using Word.

Well that's it, thanks for stopping by and thanks for looking.  ~Diane

This is for City Crafters Challenge the key to my heart
Try it on Tuesday challenge Celebrations (Valentines)


Please join me by Banning Word Verification from your blogs, please be kind and choose comment moderation instead.

21 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and stylish card, lovely colours, too! Thanks for joining us at TIOT this time! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous card Diane. Love the addition of the stickles and how stylish to have done the envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and i love the vintage image and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diane, what an amazing card. I love the color combo with the vintage image. And, your matching envelope is always the icing on the cake.
    Beautiful Card.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card this is ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so sweet and vintage!!! Love it!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is too beautiful and gorgeously vintage. Love the design paper.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  10. STUNNING my friend. I just need that card LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful papers and a gorgeous image Diane, love it.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, love the style and image. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the flower. By reading your description, I can see that a lot of work goes into one card. Staywarm. We are just trying to keep pipes warm here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card and envelope are dreamy. The colors are perfect together. Love the vintage romantic look with the Valentine heart. Creative Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great take on the challenge, love the teal and gray combo. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just stunning and love how you used the liquid pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Diana, what a gorgeous image and paper you used here! Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at City Crafter :-) Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  18. How did I miss this one? Just absolutely GORGEOUS and the colors are delish!

    ReplyDelete