Translate

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sympathy card


I love this image from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Many Blessings set and this card was so easy to make!  I printed it twice on white and once on that gorgeous shiny gold cs.  I cut one leaf from the white and the cross from the the gold, and left the other white to cut with Spellbinders Labels 8 Nestabilities.  I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Deep Plum and Turquoise Blue.  I sprayed both on my tissue paper then I blotted the card onto the wet tissue.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink Dusty Concord and a Sizzix Texture Plate.  The leaf punch is Stampin Up and I crocheted my flower.  Pop over to Lindsay's blog The Frugal Crafter to see what she has made and to pick up one of her free images.  Stop by the LSS MyGraphico store to grab some last minute Halloween images and definitely visit my DT sisters blogs to see all of the awesome ideas they have to share.  Did I tell you those ladies are super talented?  See for yourself.
*  Lindsay Weirich (Owner and Stamp Designer) *  Cheryl Gorka DT Coordinator  *  Shannon Neparko  *  Margie Visnick   *  Tracey Allen  *    Tamara Bennett  *  Cindi Hooks  *  Micki Harper  *  Karin Martin  *  Jennifer Bliss  *   Rhonda Walker  *  Tracy Vinson   *  Laurel Seabrook  *

I'm entering this into the following challenges: 
2 Sisters Challenge blog - Anything goes
Stamp Something - Use a digi
Thanks for looking.  ~Diane

16 comments:

  1. Very pretty and love the distressed look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card... love the embossing and the distressed effect.

    xxx M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane this is lovely, I think Sympathy cards are the hardest to do and you have made a true winner. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diane, Distress ink and Glimmer Mist go hand in hand! Love this card and your crocheted flower is beautiful! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! the gold is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card-I love the flow of the embossing and the crochet flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the purple and gold of the cross together...The embossed background is nice with this as well. Sympathy cards (along with guy cards) are the hardest ones to make for me...Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card Diane! Love the look you achieved with the glimmer mist!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the layers and textures in your card! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diane, what a beautiful card; love the purple colors, especially that lovely flower with the leaves. You did a great job crocheting it - I love it! The embossing gives it that "light shinning" in the background feel and I love the rub-on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful sympathy card. The colors are very deep and rich. The crocheted flowers is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh it's beautiful. Love the tissue treatment. Simply gorgeous.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. so elegant! love the little crochet flower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your colors & that tissue paper -- yummy! I need to practice my limited crochet skills (wish my Mom were still here to teach me!), as your flower is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete