Translate

Monday, September 14, 2009

FUSSY FUSSY CARDS


I've been busy all day working on these cards. They are so fussy and they do take quite a bit of time to cut, emboss, stamp and layer together. I don't know if you can see from the picture, but I made them with clear Mylar. Actually the Mylar has quite a bit more visual clarity to it than the acetate I usually use. I also used the brightly colored vellum from Paper and More. I used the Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Pendant and the Petite Ovals Nestabilities . The ribbon trim took forever to get in place, but it is worth it, because it really lends a rich look to the cards. I have found that the Fleur de Lis Pendant die can be a little fussy at times, but the Spellbinders site recommends that you add a piece of wax paper between the die and your card stock or vellum. That helps the problem of trying to remove the cut outs from the die, but I still have a problem getting the die to cut in the inside square. I have found 2 tricks that work for me that I will share. I take a thin piece of computer paper, cut it to the small size square, and place it behind the inner square only. I also have a magnet that is cut to the width of the plate. So I can run it through once in one direction and to run it in the other direction I only have to turn the magnet 1/4 turn. I'm making these as challenge gifts, I thought it would be cute to send them my $100 card! Lol. So girls if you see the color you want put your dibs on it quick! I have the hot pink I used for the Spellbinders contest already cut out, but not assembled as yet. And I have 1 more to make tomorrow, not sure what color that will be. I'm leaning towards the orange, I have another one of those pretty orange vellum flowers from the Cricut left over. I hope you are all enjoying your day. Thanks for looking ~Diane

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Diane...these cards are just gorgeous on that mylar.... . I love that Fleur de Lis Pendant cut and it really shows up on this "paper" treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Dianne! These cards are just stunning! Very elegant looking. I will have to give this technique a try :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you still have your sanity left?

    what a beautiful card and the detail of it is just awesome....♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love these. I know what you mean about the $100 cards, too. Sometimes they're more like $300 :)

    Carol
    Extreme Cards and Papercrafting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, these are gorgeous, oh the time. I love the mylar and your colors. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are just stunning, wowzer! love both of them color wise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOODNESS! Diane, these are sooo beautiful. I know if I made them I wouldn't be able to give them away. I just love your work!!
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning cards Diane. Love both of them. well worth the effort.
    Hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete