Translate

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lauren's Wedding Shower Card




I used the Wonderful Wings stamp from Stampin Up to make this card, I never get tired of the beautiful butterflies in this set. I used chalk on the wings and a gold filigree pen on the body. I stamped the image on vellum, in white ink. I made this for a friends daughter, for a wedding shower, her wedding colors were sage green and pink. I used the Stampin Up sage shadow, with the new Pirroutte Pink (I love this color). Sorry I went crazy with the photo's, but I wanted to show how I cut about an inch and a half off the front bottom of the card. You can see the lace from the inside of the card when you close the card. I mounted the lace on a strip of pink and used double face tape to mount it to the white card. I saw this floral trim in the fabric section of JoAnns, and I had to get it. I hadn't planned out the card yet but I knew it was meant for a card, not a dress. Very well worth the 2.99 a yard price, I think it makes the card. I cut For Lauren with the Cricut Expression. I will try to post more often in the future, and thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment